• Staying in a hotel – someone makes your bed for you and gives you free chocolotolate? YES PLEASE.
• THE FOOD – I love ordering something off a menu and not knowing what the hell I’m going to get (unless I’m going to get poisoned or something…)
• Spending time with le famalam – in my case this ends up being quite an event; we are insane. Like today, we were on the hunt for somewhere to eat and for each nationality of restaurant we saw, we’d make a stereotypical sound from the country.
So, as you can imagine, when we passed a Mexican place and I shouted ARRIBA ARRIBA!! down the street, I got a few weird looks.
• Being surrounded by an unknown language/culture – I love learning languages (as a marker, I studied 3 of them for my GCSEs), and if I can learn a few words and phrases I feel as if I’ve taken something worthwhile away from the whole experience.
• Getting lost – this is a weird one. I love getting lost in a city and stumbling upon weird and wonderful things that I wouldn’t have even considered if I hadn’t utilised my notoriously lacking sense of direction; no really, I’m useless.
• Cute foreign waiters – (god, I’m such a teenage girl, mind in the gutter but C’MON.) Per exempio, tonight I went to an Italian restaurant and the guy serving us was very attractive. Plus he winked at me and I think I may have melted a
little lot inside.
Thanks for reading, y’all!